Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Simply Stacked

Today I had lunch with a friend.  We have known each other for more than 15 years and even though there's a difference in our ages, with me being on the geezer end, she is special.  Her birthday was last week but she got sick and was swamped with other responsibilities so it was today that we finally got together.  She was one of the main characters in the play I went to see Sunday afternoon.  Definitely a woman of many talents.

I filled my tank with gas at the local Wal-Mart and grunted as I had to pay nearly $50 for that luxury.  I noticed the fall foliage color is fading and I really hated to see more brown and dull oranges than we had even a few days ago.  Oh well, life is short and we must grab the gusto where we find it. 

Mom called and wanted me to come over and help her with her sewing machine which was locked up.  Originally, she wanted it taken out of the cabinet so she could take it to the Singer shop, but I decided to see if I could work some magic on it, and it was purring in short order.  Soon I produced a beautiful row of smooth stitches in a perfect row.  She was pleased. 

Talked to my son tonight.  We're going to meet him tomorrow for lunch and then the whole family will be coming over Saturday for a family day. Said he'd even work in the yard.  Ummmmmmm, is this the same kid who hated to do his chores when he was growing up?  

I saw this pile of pumpkins on a mailbox during my ride home from lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment