Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dearly Departed

I don't know how to express the beauty around here in sufficient language to adequately convey the gorgeousness of the fall splendor.  Just beautiful is all I can keep saying over and over again. Makes me completely forget my frustration of DST, doesn't even seem to matter what hour it is, just awesome to admire God's handiwork with his paints of gold, yellow, crimson, bronze, burgundy... Beautiful.

Church was great and so was lunch with some friends we've known for ages.  The regular gang was out of town, so Sweetz and I figured we'd be alone at the table.  But as we were sitting down to eat, the Joneses came in and sat with us.  What a sweet couple they are and we had a ball talking and laughing and sharing our lives with each other.  We haven't seen them for about two years so it was so good to see them again.  They live up in the hills and hollers and are such loving people.  They invited us to visit them anytime now that we are all retired, so we plan to go.  Will be wonderful to see them again. He had an unfortunate accident with a gas grill and had some bad burns on his hands and face, but he's grown some new skin and is healing nicely. 

It was all we could do to leave them, but I had to hurry home to pick up mom and head back out to see the play, "Dearly Departed".  It was real good and the actresses/actors were delightfully funny.  A good friend of mine was in it and she was such a natural.  We're to do lunch Tuesday and I'm looking forward to that.  Always nice to see a friend and enjoy some fun time together.  During the intermission a former co-worker I hadn't seen since I retired came over and we chatted until the warning lights started for the second act. 

When I took mom home, we sat together for hours talking about almost everything under the sun.  There's nothing quite like a good friend and a mom all rolled into one!

Yep, it was a good way to enjoy a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment