Sunday, November 20, 2011

Look And Ye Shall Find

Yesterday when I arrived home from the shopping trip, I left my purse in the car and poked my keys in my pocket.  Then I walked all over the yard and lot and grabbed some dried fall stems to make an arrangement for the house.  I cleaned up that mess and straightened and rearranged some things, repotted the last geranium, put some planters in the shed, moved a small table indoors for the winter, etc.  I was ALL OVER THE PLACE, inside, outside, upstairs, downstairs, in the woods, in the flowerbeds, in the shed. 

Then this morning we were ready to head out the door to church when I realized I did not have my wallet and car keys.  Couldn't find them. The frantic search began as I backtracked all my paths yesterday, looking, searching, moving leaves, in drawers, under the bed, in the bed, in the laundry hamper, in the trash can.  Over and over and over again, everywhere I had been or where it could have dropped.  I kept praying for God to allow me to find them.  My credit card, debit card, and driver's license are in the wallet - a set of electronic key and remote are on the key chain attached to the wallet.  No answer from God, no keys, no success, no relief.  But I kept praying since I knew He knew where they were.  Surely, He didn't want me to stay home from church this morning just to be scrounging through the trash for a set of keys and wallet. 

Finally, 2.5 hrs later I remembered I had worn a light jacket since it was cool yesterday morning. So I rushed to the closet to check in the closet where I hung my jacket and.... there it was in the front pocket!!! Yay!!! Thank you, Lord.

 Another strange occurrence yesterday and today...is my dropping glass items and breaking them.  Not sure why, but now I'm trying not to pick up anything made of glass.  Strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment