Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dinner and Four Acts

This morning after my healthy breakfast I worked on the wording for mom's 90th birthday reception and nailed it! After a trial print on plain paper, I printed up enough for everyone on the guest list. These invitations have two holes at the top where I'm to push black ribbon to make a cute bow. I did four before I was ready to find something else fun to occupy my hands. Maybe by Monday I can get the rest done. Would it be fashionable if I just include the snippet of ribbon and let the recipient thread the bow themselves? Ok, ok, I had to ask!

Sweetz and I attended a Christmas church play this afternoon.  It started at 3pm and it was a good time for us to be out and about - was still daylight going and coming, and I got dinner thrown in as a bonus.  I must have been "good" this week.  Well, aren't I always?  Definitely not overly good, but I try.

Our friend, Nancy, was playing Christmas songs on a grand piano in the vestibule when we arrived.  Never saw that done, but it was great to hear her. 




After the play we treated ourselves to dinner at an Italian restaurant where we both tried something new - gnocchi pasta with meat sauce. 

It came with salad and bread.  Yum yum yum, sure was tasty!  Told the waiter we had never had that before and he told me he knew we would love it.  He nailed it - we did - and I'll definitely order it again.  It was a huge serving and I brought half of it home for another meal.  The meal came with a salad and a big log of bread.  We had cheesecake for dessert.  Even though I didn't eat it all, it was delicious - and now, folks, I'm off for the treadmill to terminate 200 calories. I've lost 10 pounds and I don't want this to get me off track in my quest to be called skinny just once more in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment