Friday, December 9, 2011

Change of Plans

I didn't get to attend the Christmas musical tonight because of a few obstacles thrown in my path.  It's to be presented tomorrow also so hopefully things will work out for us to go then.  And no sewing got done today either, too many obstacles for that too. 


Mom came to visit this evening and brought a bag of sewing goodies.  There are LOTS of zippers in the bag.  She used to be an avid sewer so had a stash of them.  There was also another box with seam binding, braiding, rick rack, etc.  I'm talking two shoe boxes full!  I felt like I had won the lottery.  And as I was shuffling through all the zippers, guess what I found?  YES, a 9 in camel colored zipper - a much better color match for my pillow project than my cream colored one.  This one is metal and much more suited in color and durability.  So, I have to ask myself, "Why aren't you at the sewing machine, MizSweetz?"  Have no answer to that, except maybe I'm disappointed I couldn't see the play tonight.  And maybe wrapped in there somewhere is a tad of laziness?!   

Mom brought the list of the names and addresses for the guests she wants to invite to her birthday reception.  After she left, I grabbed a purple pen and addressed all the envelopes. Purple?  Yes, that's one of the colors I'm using for the decorations. I need to get the invitation roughed out and then printed on the invitations - these  invitations need to be mailed soon. 

She was kinda quiet, makes me wonder what she's thinking.  Maybe she has second thoughts about the reception!  Disappointed at me about something?  Who knows!She did tell me that she wanted to invite a couple more people so their names were added to the end of the list so that sounds like she's still ok with it.  Oh well, I shall not worry about that tonight.  I'm doing my best to have a nice birthday event for her so let's hope everything works out.  I'm sure we all will have a fabulous time. 

It's that wonderful time of the year... when our property taxes have to be paid.  Ho Ho Ho.  I'll have to put a check in the mail within the next few days so I can put that baby to bed.  If it's late, there's a penalty.  Bah Humbug.  After the first of the year I need to get with Human Resources where I used to work to get my retirement checks started.  Won't that be special!! Ho Ho Ho.  That will mean I have a few more bucks to spend on higher prices for gas, food, and...well, practically everything.  Bah Humbug.  And about that time I need to decide on Social Security supplemental insurance from my ever-growing pile of information from companies vying for my attention.  But for now, I will smile and put all that behind me.  January will come soon enough and I will then be able to concentrate on those decisions with the holidays behind us.  Wonder how long it will take me to write the correct year?  Wow, 2012 - imagine that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment