Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rewards and Anticipation

Of course, our weather is nothing compared to the really frigid/snowy weather in the northeast.  But I did wear a light jacket for the first time today and obviously soon will be needing to get used to cold weather.  In a few weeks I will be lamenting the end of warm weather, dreading the colder weather, and anticipating the return of spring.

I'm thinking the OWS people need to go home and quit occupying public places and asking for donations for their cause.  I'm for each person getting a job, working hard, and saving for their wants.  Life wasn't handed to most of us - we had to work for what we have.  It's a struggle but is rewarding as you trudge through the daily grind of this life, meeting challenges as our country allows us the freedom to work our way to our goals. 

Church was great today and we went to both the morning and evening services.  Tonight's service was a singspiration and it was really good.  There is a lot of talent in this church we are visiting.  Two weeks from now, there's a church-wide dinner planned and I'm looking forward to it.  It will be nice to meet some of the families that we just shake hands with and greet on Sundays.  We had lunch with our friends Pat and Wil today at a seafood restaurant.  Lunch was pretty good and the time with friends was priceless.

Today is day #3 of my path to healthier eating.  I've done real well, and a few pounds have left.  Now, let's hope I can keep this up.  I'm meeting a good friend for lunch tomorrow and fortunately she has chosen a terrific local BBQ diner.  Yummmm.  And it's a fabulously healthy choice for me.

And now...I'm off to find my book.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment