Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New 2 Me

Not much exciting happened today, but hey, I'm not complaining.  Lovely quiet days are exhilarating in their own way.  And they can be so rewarding when there's no agenda.  I've tried to solve a few problems around here and have done fairly well.  Usually when I look at some of my favorite blogs I get inspiration in something I can do differently around here. 

I have is a small blackboard and I'm trying to figure out how to hang something to hold the chalk.  Years ago I had a little container attached to the blackboard frame but somehow it has disappeared.  Another of life's mysteries that don't seem that important anymore.  After all, it's fun now to find something new to use.  Well, I'm actually looking for something old to use in a new way. 

Yesterday I bought two tall blue glass containers.  This morning I washed them and they've been drying the rest of the day.  Of course, the lid hooks didn't work well so they were tweaked and now hold the lids on snugly.  I put spaghetti in the tallest one and it looks ever so cute.  Then the shorter one holds pretzel sticks.  It doesn't take much for me to be content. 



I washed the black embroidered silk jacket in cold water today and it turned out fine.  After it dries, all it will require is a touch up from a warm iron.  And I figured out a solution for the missing button... move the top button to the where the button is missing then attach a favorite pin or fabric flower to the top spot.  I experimented and came up with different solutions so I'll have fun exchanging them to suit my fancy.  I found several ideas on some of my favorite creative sewing blogs.  Sure, I could replace all the buttons to be alike, but what fun would that be?!                       

No comments:

Post a Comment