Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Roasted Marshmallows

A stay-at-home day...not that I mind in the least.  Piddled here and there, accomplished little things.  Stripped our bed and washed the sheets and hung them outside on the clothesline for some fresh air.  Nothing smells quite as good as your head on a sun-dried pillowcase.



I've been thinking about how I can lose some more weight.  Wouldn't it be nice if there was a Skinny Pill?  Pop it in the morning and you would be skinny in 2 weeks.  Obviously, there's nothing like that in my future.  Once, many moons ago, I was skinny.  Yes...I was skinny.  Bean pole skinny and in those days, skinny was not "in".  Nothing looked good on me - but after "regular" clothes were the only choice and there was nothing geared to skinny.  But...flash forward a bunch of years and you get me at my present unflattering weight. 

Sounds like vegetarian would be good.  After all, meat products are full of calories.  Ummm, so that would mean that I could skip the meat and just go directly to the veggies.  And raw would be even better.  Such easy-sounding menu choices float through my brain.  Right. Guess I need to do some on-line research.

Sweetz and I had a camping prep session out at the firepit tonight.  The weather was beautiful, some clouds were meandering  overhead, and the birds were finishing their bug searches for the day.  Seemed like a firepit kind of evening.  I roasted marshmallows over the fire.  Nothing quite like watching the white fluff turn to golden brown over red hot coals.  Well, nothing much better than nibbling off that layer and putting it back over the coals for the next layer to roast into a beautiful brown. 

Mom is going with her friend to the lake tomorrow for a few days. Ruth has a pontoon boat, but not sure they will get out on the lake, but they might. I'm sure they will have fun whatever they do.  I understand we will experience some rather warm days the rest of the week.  Looks like summer weather will arrive and we'll say goodbye to the beautiful spring days we experienced.  We got another bowl of strawberries from our patch today and they were ever so good over the angel food cake.  There's just a couple of slices left and after that - looks like I will have to make another cake. 

We got our first spears of asparagus today.  They were skinnier than the store-bought ones, but just as tasty.  The plants aren't old enough to produce the chubby stalks yet but hopefully soon. In the meantime I can dream my legs will be asparagus thin if I eat enough of these spears...and leave the marshmallows alone.  Guess I could substitute something else on my marshmallow roasting prong.  Ummm, wonder how grilled strawberries would taste?   

No comments:

Post a Comment