Monday, May 21, 2012

Splashing Around At The Lake

We've been away from most internet for a few days.  Rather a bummer way to be living without being online.  I do have my smart phone which allows me to read, but I'm not very good at doing all the steps to make entries on my blog. 

Friday:
Wow, we’re here at Buggs Island camping for the week - in a roomy site with a view of the lake through the trees!!  What a life!  We chose a site with lots of shade and the weather has been extremely cooperative during our stay.  The camp host invited us to join them for a fish fry one night.  Sounds good to me.  He has a pontoon boat and goes out every day to fish this beautiful lake.  Sweetz gave him a nice-sized fish he caught yesterday to add to his stash.  Nope, the guy didn’t invite us AFTER he was given the fish - nope, he invited us as he walked over to welcome us just as we rolled in on Thursday.  Nice guy - I mentioned that he was nice, didn’t I?



The weather has been superb with sunny skies and warm temps.  Sweetz and I went biking this morning and I thought I was going to DIE right there on the road!  This campground has killer hills and I’m definitely out of shape to be pedaling up these. Going downhill...well, that's a breeze.  Makes me realize I really need to do something about getting back in shape…like when I was 25 would be nice!  If I lived here, I would walk and bike every day - well, I say I would.  But would I?  Suuuuure I would.  Just like I walk and bike at home!  Sigh
  
Sweetz fell a bit ago on some pine needles and has decided to lie down with an ice pack to see if it will feel better.  Can’t have a sore hip bugging him at Buggs Island now can we? 



Monday:  Sweetz seems to have no serious injuries from his fall the other day.  Just a HUGE bruise, but we can live with that.  And I'm very pleased about that. 

There's a plantation open to the public in this area, so we're planning to eat lunch somewhere and take in that site.  Hoping I can grab some decent photos while we're out and about.   Snap, snap, snap...

No comments:

Post a Comment