Thursday, May 24, 2012

Just A Drizzlin'

11am:
It's drizzling here and that's such a pleasant sound.  I have the back screen door open and the pleasantly cool temp of 66* is just so delightful!  Sweetz decided to stir up a batch of Belgium waffles from a mix and had one himself, but I'm not much for eating in the morning.  And here it is 11am and I'm still not hungry.  You'd think I would be skin and bones with this habit, but that's not the case.  BUT, I have drunk my share and more of sweet tea and Coke this morning. I know, I know, that's not smart, but it's what it is.  My choice exclusively. 



Sweetz was out in his garden early this morning but decided there's nothing pressing to do today and with the drizzle, he'll wait till later.  I'm still enjoying the cool temperatures.  Extremely refreshing!  There are things I should be doing today, but I'm just not in the mood.  Kick back and relax seems to be the choice for today.  Might be a bit of leftover campcation in the mix too. 





Mom did fine yesterday so I guess I'm relieved of momsitting today.  She may be 90, but is unbelievably healthy and robust.  While walking in her backyard yesterday, we noticed she has some shrubs that need trimming so I'll go over there one day soon and do a bit of snipping to keep them under control.  I trimmed those plants rather heavily last fall and are now already growing quickly. It would be easier to keep them under control at this stage than later when the big tools have to come out of the shed.  Anyway, I love to trim.  Love it, love it, love it.  The little patio garden that Sweetz made for her for Mother's Day is doing great.  Everything has grown in the past week and she has added some pots of flowering plants around the edge of the patio.  Sure looks like a great place to sit and enjoy a glass of tea and admire God's handiwork. While we were camping, she put potting soil in the matching fence pots and popped in the plants.  Looks real cute. 

I talked to my SIL yesterday and she will be sending two CDs she had made from tapes during the years of my brother singing bass in a gospel quartet, "The Family of God".  It will be good to hear him again - bet he is enjoying singing in the Big Celestial Choir right now. That would definitely be heavenly music

No comments:

Post a Comment