Friday, March 30, 2012

Home Again

Yep, we arrived back to the house this afternoon to end a wonderful birthday week at the beach.  Not sure how Sweetz can top treating me to this birthday, but I'd be willing to add another year to my age if he'd attempt something this nice again. 

SweetzMan didn't waste much time before he was checking out his garden and then mowing the grass.  Doesn't take long before the weeds outgrow the grass.  And this year it seems the weeds are winning the battle, but at least it's green - well outside of the moss trying to take over the shady spots.  Always a battle of the weeds against man. 

I helped SweetzyPoo so he could mow by picking up the sticks and limbs that constantly fall from the trees and that's when something popped in my lower back.  Yuck, hate it when my back aches like this.  After all, I'm OLD and shouldn't have to put up with this discomfort.  Had enough trials of mind and body during my first 65 years to exempt me from this.  But it's here and it's winning this battle.  I'll try to refrain from grumbling, but old age aint for the faint of heart.  Whew.  And that growing old thing just happened - slowly when I wasn't looking.  Where did the years go?  Seemed like only yesterday when I was young and fair...and skinny! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment