Thursday, July 21, 2011

Three Crosses and a Rock

I picked a friend up at the front door of her workplace about 11:30 this morning and off we went for lunch.  Since it was her turn to choose the restaurant, she chose a local church that has a dining area open to the public. It was great to see her again and we chatted like old friends do.  We both chose chicken salad on a croissant with a dill pickle wedge.  It was nice to see her again and enjoy lunch while watching quite a few children either playing in the indoor playroom or sitting at tables munching on their hot dogs. 


  
That innocent looking cup in the first picture with the straw inserted in the top...well it became a menace.  My own fault, of course - who else can I blame?  Well, it got a puncture hole in the side and the entire drink ran out into the cup holder in the car on my way home.  Yikes!  What a mess.  Thankfully, the well is enclosed so once I got home I got a scooper and lifted out all I could, then soaked up as much as I could with a piece of scrap fabric I found in the garage, then the final soaking was done with two napkins I found in the glove compartment.  I used a wet dishcloth to clean the final sticky dampness.  Gracious, what a mess! Makes me want to clean the entire car - both inside and out.  But with the temps we're experiencing, that job will be waiting till we see the 80s again.  And I can't forget since it's QUITE obvious the car is greatly in need of a soapy sponge and a hose. The temp right now is 98* and that's in the shade.  In the meantime, I'm planning to stay indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment