Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Green Gold

Sweetz and I went out to pick beans in the garden this morning.  Woohoo, we got enough to warrant getting out my canner and prepare the green beauties for the jars.



But first, I talked with my sister-in-law about some things, visited with mom, and then we headed out for some errands and to pick up a few needed items at Wal-Mart. There was a man begging for money in the WM parking lot and I gave him a bit of cash. Who knows what he will do with the money as he zipped out of the parking lot into the highway at breakneck speed.  Hope he didn't stop at the ABC store first.  Oh well, that's between him and God.
 
While we were out, we stopped at the library to exchange my bag of books.  Got all that done and headed home for lunch, then I attacked the beans. I washed them a few times to get all the clutter off, then cut the ends off and cut into pieces.  Seven jars are now in the canner and the 10-lb weight is jiggling happily on top.




Mom, Sweetz and I are going out to eat tonight. Sure hope their vegetables are as good as our garden variety.  Now that I think about it...I probably won't get veggies anyway - I can get those at home.  But a steak might be nice.  Sweetz just told me he's planning to get ribs.

We've had extremely hot weather today - but it now looks like a front is coming through and our sky is getting darker.  We could always use rain, but could do without the lightning, wind, and thunder that sometimes accompanies a front.  Don't want hail either. 

Ok, gotta move on - The dryer is buzzing and the timer just went off on the canner.  I'm in demand!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment