Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday Pickin's

We've had two days of storms through here.  Rain, rain, rain.  I'm betting half the grass gets washed away but it won't be the first time. There were puddles in the yard when I looked outside after dark. Reseeding seems to be permanently itched on our annual schedule and seems we should be getting proficient by this time. 




Last night during the stormy weather, I separated the leaves from the stems of my dried herbs.  They were ready to go temporarily into little zip lock bags.  Sure made the kitchen smell good too.  There are more harvests to come - maybe this afternoon I can pick more to dry.  Sure will be nice to sprinkle on food this winter. 



Sweetz picked our veggies this morning - got a good pile - nearly enough to can some, especially if I save a few days' pickin's.  After I searched the house, I saw I no longer have my pressure canner, so plan to head to Wal-Mart for the things I need.  Sure don't want any veggies to go to waste! 



Mom called and wants to go to Wal-Mart with me.  It will be nice to have someone to talk to.  But first -- I need to hit the shower and wash my hair to be a bit more presentable.  The world outside my house doesn't have to see me looking like this!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment