Friday, July 8, 2011

Safe Return Trip

Life can surely be difficult at times but I'm trying to take one step at a time.  I really miss my brother and his funny emails but life doesn't stop for the living. 





We arrived home late yesterday afternoon from the funeral in northern Virginia, still a bit numb.  Everything here was safe and sound, and a neighbor came over to check on us after our son and wife drove off on their way home.  He had been taking care of things and feeding the cats, etc. 

Sweetz picked veggies in the garden and I'm thinking I might have to can some green beans if we get enough.  One thing I need to do is find my canner - must be way in the back of a kitchen cabinet somewhere.  We had a rough storm through there last night but we suffered no damage and appreciated the rain.  I haven't looked at the rain gauge yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment