Thursday, August 23, 2012

Poodle Skirts and Jean Jackets

This morning I decided I'd work hard and fast to clean the house so that job would be behind me.  Thought it was a good idea to keep it clean and neat.  Wonder how long that goal will last?  Well, at least I made it one day! 

Late this morning I saw a picture online of a pasta salad, and my heart started turning cartwheels immediately since that's one of my favorite foods.  And of course, I had to make one.  While the pasta cooked, I chopped onions, peppers, tomatoes, chives, olives, ham, etc.  Tossed with a smidgen of mayo and other great things, I had one terrific dish.  To round out the meal there were green beans, squash, and beets.  Ever so yummy.  There is just a tad left so I'm looking forward to another serving for lunch tomorrow.

One of my neighbors wants me to start walking with her several mornings a week.  That would be good for me.  Hope she doesn't go too fast for me...she's about 10 years younger and something happened to the spring in my joints about 10 years ago.  Then there are the hills around this neighborhood!  I'll be panting by the time I get to the top.  But still...it would be good for me to get out walking.  Losing weight would be a plus.  Yep, I need to do it.  Maybe tomorrow I can head out - even if it's by myself. 

We had a great time tonight - went to a dinner with a bunch of people from church, some we knew and some new ones.  The people are so friendly at this church which I love.  Many came up to us and chatted and seemed genuinely interested in meeting us.  The theme was "The 50's" and many of them came in poodle skirts, rolled up jeans, little scarves around the neck, white tee shirts, jean jackets, etc.  One of the ladies took lots of pictures of couples, singles, and many of the entire group. She's going to put them up on a bulletin board at church.  Can't wait to see them.

We went to Wal-Mart this evening and picked up several things - one of which was bread.  We have some ripe tomatoes and I'm thinking a tomato sandwich would just hit the spot! One thing I MUST do in the morning is to head over our insurance company  since our policy lapses tomorrow at noon on our vehicles so I need to get that paid for another six months. Sure am thankful I noticed the bill peeking out from under a few papers today.  The check is written but I need to go in person to pay it since I've waited too late to do it online.  I'm usually good at keeping things like this up to date.  Surely, this forgetfulness isn't a sign of old age!!  Gracious - I just retired and now the body and mind is going fast!  

No comments:

Post a Comment