Sunday, August 12, 2012

It Was An AWESOME Experience

We traveled to High Point today to meet candidates Romney and Ryan.  It's been years since I've been inclined to go to a rally for a candidate.  But with the experience our country is living through for the past nearly four years, I felt compelled to go. 

The drive, the long lines, the long wait (we were EARLY), the screening, the masses, the heat. Well, none bothered me. I only saw one other person I knew but I talked to many others who were from varied towns across Piedmont North Carolina. Everyone was ready for a change for our country.
Two super nice Romney aid-ettes posed with me

Once inside there were several area and state candidates who spoke for just a few minutes each.  We recited the Pledge of Allegiance to the American flag and sang the National Athem. A tribute was made to the vets in the audience which was touching. 


Then both the Ryan and Romney families entered.  Ryan gave a great speech right from the heart.  Romney finished the event with a rousing speech ending with his five points for improving America.  It was a great experience and one I won't forget for a long time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment