Sunday, July 15, 2012

Red and Round

I have a nice spread of tomatoes here in the house.  We have had a great harvest this year and I couldn't be happier.  They aren't the biggest ones in the world but certainly are a beautiful scarlet red color.  The time has arrived that I must do something with them.  Logically, that would involve canning or freezing them.  Last year, I cooked them down to a sauce consistency with peppers, onions, and herbs.  Then they were frozen in flattened quart baggies.  They were delicious used all during the winter and spring.  I just used the last package a few weeks ago. Now, it's time to preserve this year's bounty.  Lots of work, but soooooo gooooood in meals.  



This afternoon after church and lunch I was so sleepy.  But I have an excuse...I took some antihistamine this morning.  So, after reading a few chapters, my eyes just didn't want to stay open any longer.  Needless to say, I laid down for a nice nap.

We had some beautiful blue skies for awhile today, then some clouds floated in - and now we have overcast skies.  The weather forecast shows 30% chance of rain in our area.  That's ok right now, since yesterday we received a generous two inches which will tide us over quite well for a few days.  And the tomato plants are happily soaking up rain water even as I type.  Slurrrrrp...   

























No comments:

Post a Comment