Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Finishing Touches


Yesterday, I worked for hours on the wedding photos to get them down to a manageable number.  I still have over 400 to choose from.  The bridal couple used a fortune cookie made from felt as a table decor item so I decided to use it as the holder for a flash drive for the pictures I will give them.  Originally I intended to use a plain plastic CD/DVD holder, but this is so much cuter.  Their predominate colors were pink and green so I'll use the ribbon to close the box in which I'm putting the fortune cookie flash drive holder.  So cute!  Another idea I'm mulling is to copy the pattern on the glass coaster place marker at our table.  It will be fabulous as a filler or decoration on the bag I'll give her.  Oh, oh, oh, so cute.  I plan to include a picture in the blog when it's all finished. 

Mom is at the lake again for a few days.  I'm to watch her house and also water her outdoor plants if needed.  She has a security system to keep tabs on the inside so I don't have to worry about that.  She mentioned the other day that she wants a picture of my dad that she doesn't have.  So, I plan to scan and print the one I have so it will be ready for her when she returns. Later...I found the picture and have it printing as I type a bit more.  Might as well dove-tail my jobs. 

There are a few things I need to get at WalMart, so I'm off to finish getting ready to get so that trip can be finished.  There are some other mundane home chores...like laundry, dishes, cooking, etc. that need to be done when I get back.  But most importantly -- I plan to copy pictures to the new flash drive to get that ready to present to the bride and groom who are eagerly awaiting their first look at memories of their big day.  I know I must be as excited as they are. 

In the meantime, here are a few of the pictures from our wedding many moons, gray hairs, and pounds ago

  My parents and me
  
my brother (L) and Sweetz (R)


a balcony ceremony shot 
9pm: I have finished the photos...well, I think I have.  If I can keep my editing fingers off of them! The plan was to save the photos to a CD or DVD.  But at that point, I had no clue there would be so many photos.  I deleted the number down to 421 and then whittled  the number down a tad more.  Didn't actually look to see what the final tally is, but it's probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 400.  Can't get that many on a CD.  So, I saved them onto a flash drive and emailed the bride to see if a flash drive would be acceptable. I'm sure it is, but our agreement was to have them on a CD so want documentation that it is ok with them.  Also, I should be able to get the entire package ready tomorrow, which is way ahead of schedule.  I'm also working with them to see how they want delivery.  Hope they like them.  It definitely was a delightful experience for me!    

No comments:

Post a Comment