Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Seafood Kind of Day

Sweetz and I headed to the big city today since he had an appointment and asked me to go along.  The promise of lunch seemed to make that an easy choice.  We got his business out of the way after running into some detours since some work was being done downtown.  Then we were free to roam.  We filled the tank and then stopped at Home Depot and Lowes.  I sat in the car and read emails since he said he only would be a few minutes and true to his word, he was quick. 



We had lunch at Red Lobster - that guy loves his seafood and Cherry Cokes - while I tolerate a few items and he knows I generally share what I don't want with him.  He chose a seafood combo while I got shrimp and chicken.  Mine was delicious and came with a salad and baked potato.  A dish of cheese biscuits was brought to the table but I really didn't want any today, so we wrapped them up and brought them home.  Our friend, Pat, told us they were delicious sliced in half and toasted for breakfast.  Okay, we'll try that.  Interesting speaking of Pat because while we were eating, she and Wil came by the table on their way out.  Wow, they were there eating too and we didn't see each other until they had finished eating.  Bummer.


We went to Hobby Lobby and Surprise/Surprise they were there too!  That was toooo funny.  I bought a blue apron and was thinking I would paint something on it.  Now, I need a cute design and then to get busy painting it.  I'll take a picture of it when it's done.  Don't hold your breath though, not sure how long it will take me to come up with the perfect design.  Any ideas? Pat's kitchen is black and red so she bought a black apron when she saw my blue one.  Not sure how she will finish hers.  I'll have to ask her in a few weeks. 

We're meeting them Sunday after church at a local seafood restaurant.  It burned last year and has now been rebuilt so Sunday we'll meet there for the first time in about a year.  And I know what you're thinking...more seafood. Yuck! Yeah, what I won't do for hubby and friends.  They have several chicken, pork, and beef entrees, so I'm sure to find something I'll like.  They've decided to attend the early service at their church so they should get there in time to capture a table.  I understand there has been a line of people waiting at each meal, so they think it would work out better if they can get there early.  Nice to have friends who are willing to do that. 

We ended our day watching the movie, The Grey, which was quite different.  A plane crash...7 men survive...and must constantly fight the grey wolves who pick off one man at a time as they trudge through snowy Alaskan terrain. The language is awful -- sad that people seem to think they must talk that way to communicate.  Toward the end of the movie, the video portion of the movie went out so we were listening to the movie but couldn't see anything but a dark screen.  The manager came and fixed the problem and then gave us all free tickets to watch another movie sometime - at their expense - after he apologized several times.     





No comments:

Post a Comment