Monday, February 27, 2012

And What About Those Projects?

Today was a day for repairs.  I repaired a multi-picture frame, a chair, and a loose drawer.  Those simple things give me pleasure knowing that they are repaired and can continue to be useful.

At some point a few weeks ago I purchased a Polish sausage which has been patiently waiting in the freezer.  Today was the day that it saw the beauty of the day, but only for a little while.  I pan-seared slices in my cast iron skillet and then threw in some onions, peppers, and celery.  I served them over squiggily egg noodles with a side of buttered steamed cabbage.  Sweetz and I both thought the lupper was good enough to be entered under the Memorable Meals division.  I'm not sure where the inspiration came from but it was a great meal.  No pictures, we ate it too quickly.  There are some leftovers, but probably not enough for a double serving so I'll have to complement it with something else in the Fast and Fabulous division tomorrow.

During the morning I started a load of laundry and at some point Sweetz was nice enough to transfer the clothes to the dryer.  Wow, wasn't that nice?  During the years I worked outside the home and he had a home business, he assumed some of the household chores to help me.  Since I quit my job a couple of years ago, he has enjoyed being the supreme pampered male, but he's reverted to helping with some of the indoor chores.  How nice!  A bit later I
walked into the laundry room and there he was smirking at me as he bent over pulling clothes out of the dryer.  And he already had a pile of clothes he had folded.  I just might have to keep this guy!

Sounds like I am procrastinating with the 3 major home projects already on my list.  Like I would forget!  Paint the downstairs hall, repair/replace the ceramic tub tile in the blue bathroom, and hang new kitchen wallpaper. And I haven't completed any of those! What is my problem?!?!?!  Maybe I can start tomorrow.  YEAH... something about...always delay til tomorrow what you don't want to do today - or is it - do tomorrow what doesn't interest you today... YEAH, tomorrow sounds like a good time to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment