Sunday, September 16, 2012

On The Same Pew

With today being Sunday, I decided to return to the church we had been attending.  Hubby had remained even though I left several weeks ago to revisit another church with friends.  This morning, I surprised Sweetz and we attended church together once again since I don't think it's a good idea to be divided if at all possible.  After church we had lunch with some buddies and enjoyed lingering over the meal. 

I had a difficult Saturday with some rough feelings that needed to be flushed out of my system.  It took nearly all day, but I felt much better by the end of the afternoon.  I talked with a friend of mine a couple of times during the day and since she always gives great counsel, she was perfect with her advice this time also.  She's younger than me by at least five years yet always astounds me with her maturity.  It's interesting how we usually know what to do but having a friend take half the load off our shoulders while we wrestle it through is indescribable.   

Tuesday is Grandparents Day at the little tykes school.  We're to BE THERE at 8:15am.  Oh dear, dear, dear, that's early to be ready and drive over an hour to reach the school.  Probably way earlier than I will want to be standing on two feet with both eyes open.  But what we won't do for those sweet guys.  Actually, I'm looking forward to it and hope they appreciate our extra effort for them.  Well, if they don't, that will be ok too.  I'll just stick a camera lens in their face and pretend they were happy.  Bet they will be ok since they are used to getting up and being active at those hours.  Just think, it wasn't all that long ago that I was doing the same.  One of the rewards of retirement after all those active years.  I will see if the school will let me take some pictures that day - you know, it's getting more and more imperative to protect the little ones these days from the bad guys in our society.  The school will be serving us breakfast so wonder what we'll get?  A couple of big Krispy Kreme doughnuts sound like perfection...

Sweetz pulled out the suitcases Saturday night so this trip is becoming more like a possibility.  We've had to change our plans several times over the past few years, so hopefully we can get on the road next week to enjoy seeing some sights of our beautiful country. 

Mom asked me to come down today to get something she had ordered for me.  Sure!!!  Who doesn't love surprises!  Well, it was a beautiful LLBean corduroy jacket.  It fits perfectly and she said she wanted me to have it on our trip.  What a sweetie! 



It's getting late and my brain is wanting to turn off - and believe me it doesn't have far to go to shut down these days.  Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment