Tuesday, September 4, 2012

After a Light Rain

Some days are tougher than others.  Some days we hurt for our friends and family.  We don't have choices for such things but have to continue living our days as well as we can.  Some days we can smile and be thankful for our successes.

A friend's husband had surgery today and it was successful as far as I know from the email updates I received.  Only half the procedure was done though, so the remainder of the procedure will be scheduled in a few weeks.  My prayers are lifted for this family during this difficult time.

I talked to another friend tonight for a long time, seems things are going well for her except for some bursitis and tendinitis in her right shoulder. She had an MRI to determine the next steps of treatment.  I figure it will be physical therapy.  That hurts for awhile but usually is the answer to increased mobility and reduced pain.  Her husband came into the room while she was talking with me and told her he had grilled some steaks and supper was ready.  Wow, what happened to my hubby???  He was in the den with his feet propped up!  Ummm, might have to have a little discussion with him.  Think it will help? 

Well, he did work on the van today - something underneath needed a new clamp, then mowed the yard.  Yeah, those count too.  

This afternoon, I got so sleepy I could hardly hold my eyes open, so to bed for a nap was deemed the solution.  And it worked!

On a recent walk through the back yard, I snapped a few pictures.  Here's a glimpse into some of what I saw:

Butterfly bush
 

Katydid on a gardenia bloom
 

Rose after a rain
  

No comments:

Post a Comment