Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Head in a Vice

Wow, migraines are the PITS.  If I knew where to put one, I'd get rid of it in a heartbeat.  Oh well, must be my lot in life - at least they do eventually leave with no lasting reminders.  They usually last 3 days but Sweetz was determined I take a pill - so I did.  It didn't help that much, so he gave me another one after waiting the required 2 hours.  Eventually, the excruciating pain was gone when I woke up this morning but left an ache and a feeling similar to being squeezed.  I usually walk around slowly and carefully thinking some jolt might spark a renewal of the symptoms.  But, it feels about the same right down to the sensitivity all the way to the back of the eye.  But if I stayed in bed, there's no guarantee the symptoms would disappear, so I decided to be brave and (carefully) knock out some light chores around the house. 

Finding myself unsettled today, I spent most of the day exchanging my Christmas dishes for the regular set, organizing some cabinets, doing a load of laundry, etc.  Nothing exceptional, except they were done with a tight touch hoping to not spark a recurrence of the pain.  I did notice I was walking all around the house though, up and down the stairs, getting things done, so the exercise was beneficial although I probably would have been better lying in bed with a pillow over my head.  And groaning for attention might have gotten me lunch in bed...

Sweetz started a new puzzle today so he could keep an eye on me.



And we had a bowl of homemade soup for lunch.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment