Friday, September 23, 2011

Water: Good vs Evil




We're having Rain, Rain, Rain and I couldn't be happier.  I emptied the rain gauge last evening and the rain started sometime after midnight. Actually it woke me up but was a comfortable sound which allowed me to drift back to a sound sleep.  And right now we have over 4 inches in the rain gauge.  Thank you God! 

We've been dry all summer with just teensy sprinkles which was enough to barely keep some plants alive.  Sweetz had to water the garden and a few flowers and shrubs, but we've had to go easy on the water.  We've been thankful for our rain barrel since it collects a full load with about 1/3 of an inch of rain.  Since that's about all we got at any one time, we could sparingly water the garden two times if we were careful to not waste even a drop.  We got good at aiming the water spout onto the base of a plant with nary a drop wasted on the path.  I'm sure we will be contenders for the 
Wasteless Watering Crown.  The prize will probably be in the mail any day now. 



I turned over my glass of water and guess what was sitting in that area?  Yep, my cellphone.  I remember reading online that you could put the phone in rice or kitty litter to hopefully absorb the moisture to try to stop water damage.  Well, I've tried it and it seems to be ok.  Bummer...I was hoping to get a new phone.... perhaps I could sorta...you know...accidentally make another spill... naaah...



Lots of fog around these parts. 



We are still getting a few veggies from the garden, enough to eat at a meal anyway.  Yesterday we got a "mess" of green beans and had them for supper - what a delight to have beans since June.



And I chopped and froze 6 more bell peppers for the freezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment