Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hangers, Boxes, and Clothes

We did get some much-needed rain from Lee and as close as I can calculate, it was about 3 inches.  Each inch was celebrated.  That should at least put a short damper on our drought.  We've had a bit of sun today which was a beautiful conclusion to the passing of a hurricane. I even wore a light sweater today in the house.  Imagine that, since just last week we were sweltering outside with temps over 90*.  The weeds are wanting to take root in the flower beds which seem happy even in dry hot weather, whereas the flowers want to be coddled and pampered. Some herb snippings are drying inside and things have the look and feel of the tail end of a long hot summer. 

Mom is home from the lake. Seems she and Ruth had a good time relaxing, eating, reading, and talking. We got together today for lunch at a Japanese restaurant which was quite tasty.  There was too much food, but I ate all I wanted and left the rest. 

Today, I was going to work passionately in my craft room.  I got started with a burst of energy but a couple of telephone calls diverted my enthusiasm.  I'll work on this project another day, it's not like today is my last chance.  I measured for a new Closetmaid project.  Never could decide on the perfect one and I'm thinking a professional could come through and knock this project out in a couple of heartbeats.  Won't happen since I'm not willing to trade my money for something I can do myself.  Yep, I know, it will be a long time before I can get it done, but I'm thinking it has to come with a whopping case of job satisfaction!

8:32pm:  I'm watching the Republican debate.  So far, I'm liking what I'm hearing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment