Monday, January 31, 2011

Raspberry Cake and White Woodwork

Following our supper tonight, Sweetz remembered a cake in the freezer.  How timely!!  Soooooo, we sliced a bit for dessert.  Yum.  It is a raspberry cake made by Sweet Surrender - and as their business card states: "Specializing in Handmade Pastry & Cupcakes".  Wow, really good.  I went to a craft bazaar before Christmas and bought a variety of these to keep in the freezer for future dinners.  Believe me, they taste as good as they look.  


 
I painted some trim in our upstairs hallway today.  Since I was getting tired, it was time to stop when two doors were complete. And this required about two hours.  I'm not a fast painter, but so far, hopefully a pretty decent one. There are two remaining doors.  Since Sweetz, in one of his "helpful moments" threw my paint cans away, I don't have that custom paint color.  Sooooo, I decided to paint the trim a dazzling glossy white.  It's pretty, but ever so boring.  When I was checking the remaining leftover paint cans today, I THINK I found a little paint for the hallway walls.  Yes, it's a custom color too.  But hopefully there is enough for touch up of a few places.  The next time touch up painting is required, it'll require repainting the walls.  Oh, yippee!  Can hardly wait! The good news is that there's a possibility of a stronger wall color to contrast with the glossy white trim.

The insurrection situation across the globe is quite troublesome.  So many countries with turmoil within their borders.  I was talking to Sweetz during supper and mentioned I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get to go on our trip west.  Might as well face the possibility that the price of gas coupled with our country's economic situation may hamper any extensive travel.  Maybe we should put that plan on hold.  That's not a reassuring thought for us right now, but might as well face the possibility from a realistic standpoint.  Then, if it works out, we can smile.  In the meantime, I can look at pictures. And eat cake.  

No comments:

Post a Comment