Monday, January 10, 2011

Predictions

10:30am
We are predicted to have snow today.  It's definitely cold enough.  And the sky is overcast in gray colors.  I understand there's snow south of us but we are snowless for now.  Mr. Weatherman warns us that it will start any minute.  Yep, got our snow shovel ready and hoping that will keep the snow away.  If it snows after all my hope-it-doesn'ts, maybe we will make a snowman tomorrow.  In the meantime, I have a great book and the house is warm. 

6:30pm
It started snowing this afternoon but I didn't pay much attention to it until about 4pm.  It was then that I noticed two sheriff's patrol cars, the fire marshall, and the EMS ambulance across the street. The officers and techs were in and out the house but no one seemed to be in crisis mode.  Many spent time talking to each other or on their cellphones on the front porch enunciating their side of the conversation with paperwork bouncing up and down in their hands.  About 6pm the EMS techs were noticed all around the ambulance which they had pulled up next to the house.  People were noticed moving around the rear of the ambulance so I'm assuming someone was put in the back.  Doors were slammed and within minutes they backed out of the driveway.  All this was happening after it was dark so I couldn't see much.  So much for the excitement on a snowy afternoon and evening.  We have maybe an inch of snow at this point.  And that's enough!!  Stop it now!!  Finis!  The End! No More!  OK, I feel better --- except it's still snowing... 

No comments:

Post a Comment