Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy

Sandy might seem like a soft feminine name but this lady sure can land quite a wallop.  Our thoughts and prayers are with those in her path. 

This morning Sweetz had some blood drawn for a test the good doc is watching.  He has an appointment next week.  Praying all goes well.

I had lunch with some girlfriends that I used to work with.  Most of us have retired and it was nice to see them again.  Someone chose a Chinese restaurant so we all met at 12:30 to share fun, food, and fellowship.  I took some pictures taken during our midwest trip and it makes me realize I need to label the pictures before I completely forget everything.  Heard this morning that a person's brain shrinks as we age.  YIPES, I won't have much left to work with soon. 

After we left from our lunch party, I decided I wanted to enjoy the beauty of country roads and also to see if I could capture a decent picture.  Wasn't to happen today.  Too much rain and nothing presented itself as a scene worthy of me getting out in the cold rain.  I did enjoy looking though. 


We are just past our prime in fall foliage color.  There are a few bare trees and others have a few naked branches - usually near the top.  Probably two weeks is all it will take before most of the trees will be bare.  And with this rain and wind, that time could easily be even shorter. But I'd rather have that than the flooding some of our northeastern neighbors are experiencing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment