Thursday, October 18, 2012

Early Voting

The Sweetz man and I went store hopping today.  He was in desperate need of a haircut and we needed a few groceries.  So, off we went to take care of those needs and then we voted.  Yep, this is the second year we voted early.  And the polling place was hopping.  People standing in line, workers busily checking names against computer entries, and backers out front in the candidate honker's gauntlet.  I sidestepped the gauntlet since I knew exactly who I would cast my vote for...all the way down to Soil and Conservation Supervisor. 

While out today we ate at a little Japanese place with good food, reasonable prices, and great service.  The grocery store got some business from us since we were nearly out of meat, eggs, sugar, and paper towels - not to mention a few other items.  Of course, there was a Wal-Mart run-through but only got two things there although we looked down many aisles looking for the "finial" thingy that we want to top the wreath stand we are making.  All such items used to be happily sitting on shelves - but not in 2012.  Obviously, times are tough and finials are not the rage.  I can understand that way of thinking.  But there are zillions if not quadrillions of Christmas decor choices - for one day.  A finial ---why it can last for a dozen years of constant use.  Go figure.  

I'm to meet two girlfriends on Monday for supper so I'll check out the town's craft store before I end up at the restaurant. Hopefully I can find a finial.

The third of three Presidential debates will be Monday at 9pm, so I will be antsy to head out the door by 8:30 to make sure I am home in time to see that.  Of course, I can hear it on the radio as I drive home, but it's not the same as watching the body language  including facial expressions. 

Today was a mixture of overcast skies and sun.  Back and forth it went.  Guess I can say the clouds won because we just got a bit of a storm through here with thunder, light rain, and a bit of lightning.  It's over now and the noise of a storm has settled into the stillness of night. 

VOTED EARLY

No comments:

Post a Comment