Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stranger

Yesterday, I had lunch with a friend at her cousin's new diner.  We were sitting there chatting over our sandwiches and potato soup when a lady walked in and asked us where a certain business was.  She chatted a bit and then went to the counter to order her lunch. She returned to ask if she could join us.  Of course, we agreed.  The three of us had a wonderful time chatting.  My friend had to leave for a previous engagement and I stayed with "Flo" while we talked for over an hour more.  I hope at some time our paths cross again.

On my drive home this was one of the scenes of a dreary February day.  Hopefully, this will green up soon and show signs of life once again.


Tuesday, my brother had cataract surgery.  Yesterday, the doc took his patch off.  He said he couldn't believe the fabulous eyesight he now had in that eye.  I'm sure he's getting anxious to get back on the golf course. 

Egypt and the Middle East are still in turmoil and it's growing each day.  It's sad to see citizens turn against their fellow citizens. 
Mom wants to go to Sam's today to stock up on a few staples.  We'll get some lunch somewhere while we're out. Guess I need to get ready before she rolls her eyes when she sees me still hunkered in front of the laptop.  Would be nice to have warm weather for our day of shopping, but at least we have no snow on the ground or in the air. 

9:35pm:  Mom and I went to Danville today, had lunch at Lone Star and shopped for a few staples at Sams.  We had a nice day although it was cold and windy.  I took my camera but forgot to put the memory card back in.  Duh.

My brother emailed to tell me thanks for the "feet" cookies which arrived at his house today.  He was really surprised and impressed. I was glad I chose them instead of flowers or a plant.  I'm just thankful his cataract surgery was sucessful.  

I baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies tonight.  Talk about delicious!  Every cookie was about the same size and color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment