Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spring Should Spring Soon

I decided to go next door and visit my neighbor today.  She's a bit older than me, widowed for two years, and we've shared a friendship for nearly 30 years. Since I no longer work, I decided she would be my pet project to visit and help.  Of course, I didn't tell her, but today begins that project.  I walked over with a plate of my cupcakes.  We chatted over a cup of tea and solved all the problems of the world.  I suggested we go outside and I'd pick up the branches and limbs from her trees that had blown down during the high winds we experienced the other day. Again, she was delighted but I could tell she hated for me to do it at the same time.  As it turned out, I picked up the fallen branches while she shadowed with a huge garden bag.  It got filled up and we dumped it in her scrap pile at the back of her lot and then proceeded to fill the bag up again.  We carried/drug the largest limbs to the pile and got most of the yard looking tidy.  She was thrilled.

We had four jigsaw puzzles which I thought she'd enjoy completing but she said it hurt her back to lean over the table for hours at a time.  I can understand that.  So, I started home with them when my cell jingled.  It was my son who asked if he and the boys could meet us at our church tomorrow and then come back here to spend the rest of the day.  So, I decided to cart the puzzle boxes back inside and offer them to the grandsons tomorrow.  One of the boys particularly loves to complete puzzles, so I think I found a home for them.  If they don't want them all, I'll donate the rest to Good Will or Salvation Army next week.


I have the second set of forsythia branches now blooming.  This is a great way to see some early blooms and put a nudge on spring.  I understand that tomorrow and Monday are predicted to be great spring days around here.  The world is about to see Mrs. Sweetz jump up and down with glee...

No comments:

Post a Comment