Friday, February 25, 2011

Soup's On

Wheeeee, it's breezy here, or maybe I should say the winds are whippppppping.  But we had RAIN last night which was such a comforting sound!!  Our area has been short on moisture so it was welcome to hear the pitter patter on the windows and roof.  Now, it's warm and breezy, but mostly it's sunny.  What a life.  I'm loving all this springy weather.

I'm making soup.  Got the knife sharpened and there are delicious smells coming from the kitchen.  Onions, garlic, celery, herbs, potatoes, beans, ham, carrots, and other scrumptuous things.  Not sure if I can stay out of it til it's ready.  You know, someone has to taste it just to make sure it's edible.  And that would be ME. 

Yesterday I made cupcakes.  Decorated the little yellow darlings with green icing and a few sprinkles.  Just getting a head start on St. Patrick's Day.  


During my final working years, I had some St. Patrick's Day decor items in my office.  Wonder if I left them there?  Should I just trot in one day and ask to have them back?  Nah, that would be tacky.  Just think, I could go to the $ store and get some new ones. 

Sweetz and I are back to planning a trip west.  Yep, it's not on the chopping block yet!  Yipee, YaaaaHooo.  We promised each other we'll be thrifty with our fund$ - not sure that's possible since we've been already been squeezing each $ tighter than stretch pants on a fat lady.  


Sweetz is in the garden sprinkling seeds.  I teased him a bit ago that he doesn't have to sprinkle them since with this wind he just has to open his hand and the little darlings are scattered in 0.007 seconds.  Not sure he's sprinkling seeds anyway.  Actually, I think he's planting broccoli, peas, potatoes, and lettuce.  That man LOVEs his garden.  Maybe more than he loves me.  At least he shares his veggies with me.

My chives, parsley, rosemary, mint, thyme, etc. are coming up/out.  Sounds like spring is on its way.  I couldn't be happier.  Talked to a fellow worker today where I used to work.  She's still there - I'm free.  I find that I have to hold down my retirement enthusiasm.  Don't want to disturb the troops who are still working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment