Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Tanned Tom

Ol' Tom hit the rack this morning about 10 and was ready about 1pm.  Sure made the house smell wonderful.  I made a batch of dressing hopefully just as good as my grandmother used to make.  Lots of work, but ever so delicious.  Thanks grandma for being such a great cook and a precious woman of God. 

I still have the kitchen to finish cleaning up.  Cooking from scratch sure creates lots of dirty dishes.  Ahhh, but I have a dishwasher and they are heavenly to own - I never want to take mine for granted.  I took some pictures of raw Tom and Tom tanned.  But I haven't stopped to complete the process to increase my photo stash to be able to add more pictures to my blog since I was notified this week that my album is full.  It will be a couple of days before I take the time to correct that.  By then, the turkey will be a memory and there will only be a few dressing crumbs.   

We'll be heading out about 10 tomorrow with mom to head down the road to Brian's house for our family Thanksgiving feast.  It will be a great day and I'm looking forward to it.  There will be five little ones who will probably not be still for more than 30 seconds so it will be a challenge to get pictures, but I'll give it my best shot.  No pun intended.

I'm still feeling confident with the healthy eating pattern I am trying.  Must be working because I've lost 10 pounds.  I know they won't continue to drop this quickly over the next few months, but I'm still hoping to work hard at shedding some matronly inches. Those two sets of free weights are still hiding somewhere --- yeah, I SORTA looked for them.  KINDA.  OK, not very hard.  But I'm thinking it's about time to dust them off and work on some strengthening.  I did walk two sessions on the treadmill.  And it wasn't all that difficult to do it.  Flipped on the TV, turned up the volume, and flipped the speed dial to Get Movin' Fat Lady.  No, it doesn't say that, but it is thinking it all the same. 

I hope you all have a memorable Thanksgiving, one full of family and friends with memories to last a whole year through. 

Happy Thanksgiving  

No comments:

Post a Comment