Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Dozen Different Places


Tuesday...
Sweetz had his biopsy this morning.  He was in the back a bit over  an hour so I signed on to wifi and proceeded to surf and email and play games in the waiting room.  After all, that's the purpose of the "waiting" room, right?  The rain stopped and the skies cleared.  For most of that hour I was the only one in the waiting room.  The only irritant was that big screen TV hanging on the wall near me trying to inform everyone of the healthy lifestyle - from diabetes, to weight management, to caffeine consumption, to GERD.  Needless to say, I tried my best to tune all those snippets out.  Then it was the phones that rang, patients who came in to schedule this and that, drop off x-rays, ask for appointments, etc.  Anything to put some sort of interruption in my path.  That's ok, I managed since I'm getting better at putting things like that into some compartment that I can turn off and on while I concentrated on the little screen in front of me. 

Then the time was up and I could hear Sweetz making a return appointment for next Tuesday.  That's when he goes back to see the doc to see what these 12 (yes, TWELVE) biopsy snippets show on the report.  I'm praying for a clean report.  God may have another idea.  In the meantime, we'll take one step at a time and pray alot.

Our son, Brett, called today after I texted him about his dad.  So, it was nice to chat with him a few minutes.  He will be deployed to Afghanistan December 5, so that's not much time to catch up on all the news.  He and the family will be coming up this way from Georgia for a week beginning this Friday.  It will be good to see him and the family again - it's been awhile. 

The house was dusted yesterday and the regular knick-knacks replaced with some Thanksgiving decor.  A turkey here, a couple of pilgrims there, a pumpkin over there - all to make the house a bit seem ready for the upcoming holiday.  Next, I need to check out the turkeys at the grocery store - at least the frozen kind in the bins. The others can be seen all year!  



The scales have been good to me.  Well, I'm sure that is related to the fact that I'm eating healthier food and drinking more water.  Some days I actually have to make myself eat the 1200 calories I am allowed.  Then other days, like today, I could eat the filling in the cushions.  But I've lost seven pounds and that makes me smile.  And my knee is much better.  The sun is out - I can smile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment