Saturday, April 28, 2012

Angel Wings

It's hard to believe, but Sweetzy has developed another cold!!  Wish he felt better.  But fortunately, I feel great and will attempt to stay away from him and his nasty germs.  He hasn't been sick in years and all of a sudden he comes down with yet another cold.  I did say I didn't want it, right?  He's been sent to bed...but he isn't happy about that and already popped up once to wander the house and even went to get the mail.  Why doesn't he stay in bed so he can get better?!

His tick bite is much improved and for that I'm glad. He received one of his lab results back today from the doctor - his Lyme test was negative.  That's good news - one less worry.  His back looks much lighter and this morning he completed his regimen of antibiotics.  Life is good - well, except for his cold.

As an angel food cake baked in the oven, I cleaned up the kitchen and started lunch - or lupper - in our case today.



After gathering some lettuce, carrots, spring onions, and chives -along with a sprig of oregano, I threw together a salad with some other salad makings, which was delicious topped with homemade poppy seed dressing.  It's definitely salad time! 

I experimented with some pork chops, adding two large wedges of lemon and other goodies in the pressure cooker which turned out uniquely delicious and super quick. The meal was rounded off with a serving of potatoes.  Yummmy in the tummy.  Maybe I should write my own cookbook!  Yeah, and maybe I could get rich and famous - and then be part of the 1% and pay huge amounts in taxes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment