Thursday, September 2, 2010

Relationships

I read about a bit about geese this morning.  They stick together and help each other constantly.  If an injured, ill, or elderly goose cannot keep up with the rest of the group in formation, two strong geese will drop out and find a comfortable, safe spot with water.  They will stay with that goose until it either regains health or dies.  They then join another gaggle of geese who accepts them with total acceptance as a member of the family.  The aged, very young, and infirm are kept protected in the rear of the formation.  These fulfill a vital role:  they become the honking section and cheer for the leaders.  Who do we have behind us, enouraging us?  And who am I encouraging in front of me?

The true goal of leadership is not to cross the finish line first, but to take as many others with you as you can.

But I have laundry to do this morning so I'll ponder this as I work...



Blueberries

<>
Guarding the cherry tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment