Monday, May 17, 2010

Firsts

Today was my first weekday at home under my new life phase. Started out a bit rocky, floundering, walking around like I didn't know what to do next. And I didn't. Like I was out of my element and comfort zone.

But in a bit Sweetz and I took showers and off we went to Wal-Mart. I needed a haircut and my regular lady's shop is closed, plus I had no appt since I cancelled it last week to go to the beach. Yep, I dropped to the level of Unknown and entered the WM Hair Care section at WM for the first time. This very nice young 20ish girl greeted me with smile and proceeded to feel my hair and ask me lots of questions. After a shampoo, she cut my hair and she really tried. Was quite a talker too. Sure made the time go by faster. She's new to the area and told me about her new husband, her move to this area, her loneliness with no good friends. I felt for her but the young will find friends if given a bit of time. She was raised in a large city so she will need some time to adjust to our country life. Found out I used to work at the same place as her husband's mother. Tis the thing in a small country town. Hard to hide.

Sweetz and I bought a few things we could use for our camper so maybe we can take it out again soon for a few days. Read in a recent blog where a single RV'er uses solar lights while she's boondocking and even has enough light to read inside at night. So we looked at them, but couldn't decide which was best for our needs. Something we'll think about. It would be nice to head out during the week - there are some state parks within a few hours' drive so we could do some rest and relaxation under the trees. He'll fish but I'll figure out something - there's always a book and I could make a piece of jewelry or paint on a t-shirt.

I wanted to walk today or ride my bike around the area for the first time this year but it rained. And did it rain! Started last night and rained buckets. I would imagine we got at least 4". We've been dry so it was nice except it kept me inside. I'll try to remember to look at the rain gauge tomorrow to get a more accurate reading.

Sweetz seems pleased to have me home - he talked alot today, stayed closer than usual, and was attentive. I could get spoiled and learn to like this new phase. He'll be out of town tomorrow so I will have another first - my first day home alone. What to do? What to do? Or is it what to do first? I received the statement from SS today - gives me the figure I will receive. Now, it's time to figure out how to adapt financially to my new lower "salary". Yep, we'll do it. And it will be worth everything to not be working. Bet my BP is lower for the first time in a long time. Firsts can be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment