Sunday, May 9, 2010

Catching Up









Didn't mean to neglect the blog but sometimes things get in the way to make me turn internal until I can sort things out. I worked my final day of my notice this past Friday - was difficult, actually every minute of the two weeks. But I prayed and did my best to the point of doing more than was required of me. Didn't want anyone saying I shurked any of my duties. Even gave The Sheriff a Nurses Week gift, a tote bag with lots of nurses things quilted on it. She seemed pleased. I did my best and that was all I could do. That phase is over, and I need to heal.

The directors gave me a retirement dinner Thursday night at a nice Italian restaurant. The food was delicious and it was nice to be with them for the evening. They chipped in together and presented me a Visa gift card so I can use it anywhere. Still have my Verizon one too, so I need to get them activated and use them before they expire. I'm usually a cash person, so these little credit cards aren't my natural way of paying for things. I feel if you are going to give me money, then why get a debit card for that amount, just put the money in an envelope! Think I need to use it so I can relax about it.

Mom and I are heading to the beach tomorrow for some R&R. She's quite a character at 88 so we are bound to have a ball. We have reserved a ocean front room so it should be wonderful to enjoy the water all day. There are plenty of places to eat, shop and we intend to walk the beach each day. Talk about photo ops!! The weather will be nice so we should enjoy ourselves talking and laughing and relaxing.

Yesterday, we went to our son's house for a cookout. Had a terrific time. The food was delicious but what I really enjoyed was spending time with them and the kids. They gave mom and me a Mother's Day gift and the boys made me a huge banner which read "Happy Retirement" which was tacked to the kitchen wall. Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment