Monday, May 16, 2011

This Side of Somewhere

What a day!  Beautiful weather here on this side of Somewhere.  Then I got sleepy.  Slowed me down but didn't knock me out except for MAYBE 10 minutes.  Guess that qualifies as a catnap. 

Cleaned the house today.  Whew, days like this make me want to be younger with more energy or have a Merry Maid do the work for me.  Actually, to be honest, it's a pleasure most times to do the cleaning myself, not to mention the added benefit of bending and stooping.  There's the pleasure of clean sheets, folded towels, clean floors, and dust-free surfaces.  Only thing missing was a fresh bouquet of flowers.  I think I'll cut a bouquet tomorrow to grace the center of our dining table. 

Fixed a neat lunch of Salisbury steaks, noodles, gravy, and peas.  Sweetz and I washed it down with a glass of iced tea with a wedge of lemon.  We ate on trays outside in the yard so we could enjoy the spring weather.  So, where do Salisbury steaks get their name?  I just might have to do a bit of research to satisfy my curiosity.

Salisbury steak was invented by an American physician, Dr. J. H. Salisbury (1823–1905), and the term "Salisbury steak" was in use in the USA from 1897.[1] He was the first modern proponent of a "high protein - low carbohydrate" diet for weight loss, and he promoted his diet for that purpose.

OK, I satisfied my curiosity - not sure I'd call it a high protein food though.  But it was good and went down easily and quickly and happily.  I smiled.  I was satisfied.  I cleaned up the kitchen and relished my moment of food pleasure.  Maybe tomorrow I will weigh less...

No comments:

Post a Comment