Saturday, July 3, 2010

Heading Where Life Takes Us - Always With a Smile

It sure is wonderful to be out of the workforce. I knew people who were worried about what they would be doing after they hung up their office keys, like they would run head-long into a brick wall called Boredom. Fortunately, I don't have that problem at all. It hasn't been two months yet since my office keys were hung up but only have thoughts wondering what I will do that day. That's not boredom either - just a wondering train of thought. I have a mental bucket list of all sorts of things I want to do or accomplish and there aren't enough hours in the day to get them done. Each day is like a new lease on life - with daily awakenings into life and its possibilities. There's no book of life to be able to read the final chapter but for now I just am breezing through the pages with a zeal and happiness for each day and each opportunity which heads my way.

Yesterday, Sweetz and I headed to Red Lobster for a nice dinner with another couple. Our anniversary is the day after theirs so we've been celebrating together for a couple of years. The food was divine and the waitress was excellent. Everything was nearly perfect. Afterward we went to Sam's Club and checked out the possibilities and a few items eventually made it to my buggy. It was a wonderful evening and we enjoyed sharing the day with them. They were celebrating their 52nd anniversary (they married back in high school) and we celebrated our 42nd (we married after college). And they said it wouldn't last!!

Mom and I went to the farmer's market this morning and I bought a bag of corn on the cob. I also bought a large container of blueberries. Yummmy, they look delicious and the smell is pure summer delight. After a stop for breakfast and for a few items at WallyWorld, we went back to her house and I helped her with a few to-do's around the house. Next week she wants me to help her install some miniblinds. She has some overgrown azalea plants so I plan to practice my pruning skills on those before they totally take over. It's amazing how quickly they grow, doesn't seem that long ago that I trimmed them WAY back. My, how the time flies. The only difference now is that I have a smile showing from one ear to the other.

Our son and family will meet Sweetz, mom, and me at our church tomorrow and then we'll all eat out somewhere. Sounds like a great way to spend a Sonday. One day next week a friend and I plan to head to the hills for some getaway time while we search for tranquility and the perfect picture. For now...I best be heading to the kitchen and cooking some corn. Elbows on the table and butter dripping down our arms! It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment