Monday, July 5, 2010

A Thankful Fourth



Yesterday was the 4th of July and I was thankful the country was peaceful. We heard and witnessed fireworks around our neighborhood beginning Friday night and people were enjoying themselves with friends and family. Our son and family joined us at our church Sunday morning along with my mom. After the service we ate at a local restaurant. Then everyone came back by our house and we played and talked and then topped the evening off with delicious blackberry cobbler that my DIL had made. She's a good cook and it was ever so good with a dollop of ice cream. Everyone left about 7pm after a great day together.

I didn't take any pictures, rather a rarity for me, but it seemed right to just enjoy the family this time. Of course, I feel bad now that I didn't take any pictures, especially since I have no pictures to remember the day. Well, that will just have to be a lesson - take pictures every time we're together. The boys are now 5 and 8 and are such darlings, well behaved, and impress their Nana and Papa with their wit and wisdom. My DIL even cleans up everything before they leave, so not even a sofa pillow is out of place.

They took a tour of our little RV and were amazed at how adequate it is. They are thinking of buying a used pop-up to start their camping experience. Ahhh, do I see a joint camping experience sometime in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment