Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

My life generally revolves around work for five straight days and then I begin to pick up the pieces every Friday evening. I'm usually so stressed from my working situation that it takes me awhile to relax and be myself. Then before I know it, it's Monday morning again. This yoyo existence seems to be getting worse but as soon as I can quit work, I hope I will be fine. Stress isn't good on the body and I know that but still find it difficult to find peace except on weekends.

Today is Good Friday and I took the day off - sure was nice to get away from work and do a few fun things. Mom and I went out for lunch at a Japanese restaurant which was delicious. Not many people eating out today - wonder if they just don't like Japanese or was it the economy. I actually was exhausted when I got home this afternoon so took a nice long nap - sure felt refreshing. Mom came to visit right after I woke up and we chatted about this and that until it was time for me to go to the evening Good Friday service at church. It was an inspiring service.


As we went in the door, one of the young men of the church gave each of us a nail. There was a reenactment of the Lord's Supper and lots of music and a one man who was "Simon Peter" who told of his remembrances of his life with Christ. It was a great service and memorable. Sure am glad I went. And now I have a nail to remind me of what Christ did for me.

Sweetz worked in the garden today and suggested we put up a better fence to help to keep out the deer. Seems it will be that or the young sprouts and veggies will be lost as deer feed. We look around and there are weeds, roots, and more weeds. Thankfully, Sweetz loves to garden and work in the dirt so he's planting seeds and little veggie sprouts so we can have lots of fresh produce to eat. I can almost taste a good ripe tomato already. But I must be patient, it takes a long time to grow a big fat tomato.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, enjoyed reading it as usual. Waiting til you can write it from different campgrounds all over the wonderful US of A. I know you're having a hard time waiting for that too.

    ReplyDelete