Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's a girl

A son that only calls once every year or so called tonight to say they have a new daughter born tonight at 6:38 their time. At least he had the courtesy to call with that news. Mom is going with the seniors from her church on a day trip tomorrow. She didn't seem excited - I think she'd rather stay home. Must be difficult to keep going at age 88! But she does so well that I tend to forget her age.

It was quite warm today - way too early for hot weather. But it is to cool down to more seasonable temps the next week. Of course, I'm in an AC office all day so don't notice. Oh but I went out for lunch today with a friend. Sure is nice to get out of the mire for an hour. Even got picked up at the back door so didn't even have to drive. She had an MD appt so was in town for the day. Looks like I need to rescue my box of summer clothes. We went quickly from icicles to shorts.

I really need a haircut - can hardly wait until Thursday's appointment. Of course, Lori might run screaming from the shop when she sees me. I want a different cut, ummmm, wonder what will it be? I watched Duke win the NCAA championship last night, great game and was a nail biter till the very end. Butler played an excellent game and sure played like they wanted that championship themselves. Now, we turn off basketball to watch what? Tiger play golf? It would be nice to have some decent role models. Maybe he's changed, guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment