Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cloudy & sunny too





It started out cloudy here, then the sun came out and it was warm in high 70s. It was a great way to start my weekend. Mom came over and we talked and talked and talked and talked. Told her alot of things that has happened in the past 3 years that she didn't know. It was good to finally get them all out in the open. All of them were about work. Well, it was great to talk things out and hopefully now I can get on with my weekend and my life. I have to work two weeks according to the policy, but I plan to do my best, as I usually do, and then walk out the afternoon of May 7. Mom and I are going to the beach May 10 for a week. It will be therapeutic to watch the waves come in and go out and to put some distance between me and the past 3 years.



I drove around this afternoon and looked at the area - people's yards, the flowers, the spring green of the trees. I drove past a local walking trail and promised myself I would pack a light snack and walk the trail one day when I'm newly retired. I want to play the piano more, pet the katz more, dig in the soil more, bake more cookies, read more books, visit my neighbors more, pray more, smell the flowers more, take more pictures, sew more, use my china more, travel more, and breatheeeeeee.....

It looks like the rain is about here now. Wonder if I can get outside to take a few pictures before the drops begin to fall?

1 comment:

  1. And not one mention of riding out with an old friend to take photos. It hurt my feelings but that didn't last long. I've learned in my retirement to let less and less bother me. Glad you had a good day. I've decided to turn down my yearly free trip to the beach, I'd rather watch my boys play ball, girls play soccer and help distribute Angel Food to folks who need it in this tough economic time. Wish I could still do things with my mom but she's in a much more wonderful place, Heaven has got to be much better than Earth, right?

    ReplyDelete