Sunday, June 13, 2010

Not Anymore



My brother pulled out about 3:15 for home. He should be arriving about now. I would imagine the traffic was awful, especially the last 100 miles. Just think, I used to live in all that traffic and thought little of it. It was exciting to be in the big city and experience the hustle and bustle of an active lifestyle. Whoa, not anymore. Give me the gentle life now. I'll pass on that city life. Not even sure I'd like to visit a big city anymore.

We used to like to camp along the river, have the windows open to experience the night sounds and perhaps even let the trickling sounds of the river ease us into sleep. Not anymore. Wow, I can only imagine the catastrophic experience of those campers along the river in Arkansas who lived through an experience they'd prefer to never have happened. Many are still missing. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families who have lost loved ones or are waiting for information on their condition. A quiet summer night with an awful ending. Makes me rethink where I'd like to park our camper in the future.

Sweetz brought the onions in that he had dug up yesterday. They are smaller than I would have thought. Our garden soil after 30 years must be depleted. It produced luscious veggies the first few years, not anymore.

Situations change, people change, conditions change. Our world was once clean and efficient, a happy and peaceful place. Not anymore. I used to be skinny and energetic. Not anymore. I used to be part of the working class, not anymore. Oh well, life will go on and we'll make the best of what we have been given. One day at a time. We'll wake up tomorrow morning with a fresh outlook and the chance to make a difference in both ourselves and those around us in little ways. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment