Sunday, December 26, 2010

Everything Is White Everywhere I Look

And another day bites the dust.  But it's been a wonderful day.  Sure am loving this TGIR status: Thank Goodness I'm Retired.  We had about 4 inches of snow - some places were 5" but I'll be conservative in my guesstimate. 

Certainly was beautiful coming down - absolutely beautiful.  It's over now, and snow began to fall from the tree limbs, wires, railings, etc.  So, I was off and running outside this morning to capture a few shots. 

The temp made it to freezing but it was still getting slushy on the roads.  I think the chemicals the county throws out does a great job of melting the snow on the roads way before the plows come through. 

I shoveled mom's driveway and mom came out with my camera and took a picture of me not long after I started.  I think she did a great job with my digital camera.  I didn't get a picture of it when I finished. 

She had made a pot of veggie beef soup while I shoveled so that was a great way to warm the tummy. I also shoveled our own patio and steps and walk - so guess I got my exercise today. And it felt wonderful to be outside doing some physical. 

Just about sundown, the plow came through our neighborhood so it should be safe to be out tomorrow. 

Sweetz wants to head out shopping tomorrow.  Must be the gift cards and cash are burning a hole in his pocket!  He gave me a TV for Christmas but I don't like the quality of the picture, so we plan to return it for another brand with hopefully better picture quality.  Christmas was wonderful this year.  Family was close and extra special this year. 



We all have many memories to last us into the next year.  Talked to my son every day and it's been so nice to get closer to him. Tuesday is mom's 89th birthday, so we plan to meet for dinner at a nice restaurant to celebrate this milestone.  I'm thinking it would be nice to decorate the table a bit to make it extra special for her.  It's not every day someone lives to be 89.  And to make it even better...she's in excellent health.  Wow, wow, wow how blessed she is.  And how blessed we are to still have her in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment