Friday, March 12, 2010

Time flies when you are having fun


I didn't think I would ever hear myself say that time is flying but obviously it must be because I turn around a couple of times and this blog is way behind. Hours at work can move quickly for awhile and then they drag. This week went fairly quickly except for today. Ever sooooo sloooooooow. So, the up side of this is that retirement will come quicker at this speed. And I can hardly wait.

With the economy, it doesn't look like Sweetz and I will be trading up for a nicer RV anytime soon. The predictions are for more expensive gas and our little camper seems to look better and better. The plan is to do some traveling across our country after I quit if that's possible when the times comes.

We filed our state taxes electronically but now we hear states will hold our tax refunds for months. Yeah, and I also know the fed govt can increase the deficit and print more money when it meets a financial crisis, but states have to balance their budgets just like we have to do at home. The news shows aren't promising and I ache for younger families with their lives ahead of them. Actually, it doesn't seem to be hopeful for any age group. But I try to have a positive attitude and will keep plugging away at life as long as I am able. In the meantime we have this little RV ornament hanging next to a lighthouse ornament as a reminder to keep our hope alive while the big black key just might hold the answer to the secret of how to combine an RV and a lighthouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment