Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dust Bunnies

Surely you have those creatures too. They hide under things and silently glide across my hardwood floors avoiding my probing duster. Oh well, they will hide and then grow till there's no place left to hide. Surely I can find them the next time I grab my dust mop. Sweetz volunteered to take over the house cleaning a few years ago. hehe Little did he realize how involved that job is. Guess I did too good of a job all our married life. Surely to him it looked like a pie job. HAAA. So now I "assist", mostly when he's not around - which saves his pride. Definitely the "fluffing" is my job. Decorating is definitely not his forte. He would be comfortable in a barn - just mucking it out occasionally and throwing down some fresh straw when needed. But being married to me doesn't allow him that option. It's me or the barn. He's chosen me. Aren't I the lucky one!

I still haven't finished painting the master bath. Seems I just can't find the incentive nor energy to complete that project. So many other things to occupy my time and thoughts. This week it's the Olympics and reading. So many things interest me that it's difficult to get everything done. A to-do list helps me stay focused, but usually a burst of energy is all that's needed. But they are coming at a slower pace too. What's the rush? Life is to be lived and experienced and savored. Dust bunnies can stay in the corners until I get motivated - or company is expected.

DST with it's welcome spring forward an hour is most welcome this year. Days will be much more exciting as they stretch out with more light. Then spring will be around the corner and we can get outdoors to enjoy more freedom. Winters are the pits. Since I'm not a cold weather being, I tend to stay where it's warm. I'm really, really, really looking forward to spring. Plus then I won't notice the dust bunnies as often.

No comments:

Post a Comment